Are You Scrappy?
By Thomas Haun
We’ve all heard about the hard work required to scale a company. At Turner Mining Group, we talk about being scrappy ― doing more with less, leveraging whatever we can, being determined to figure it out, and most of all getting it done.
Here are some examples of recent scrappiness by Turner Mining Group team members:
– Hiring 31 people on your own, in your first month on the job ― Michelle Roberts
– Setting up brand-new operations on three days’ notice ― Rey Garcia
– Winning more work in a two-week stretch than in all of last year ― Dylan Neudecker
These are incredible accomplishments that certainly require some help from your supporting cast, but the smart hustle required to make each happen is nothing short of awesomely scrappy. How determined is your team?
In sports we all know what matters ― championships. It’s the vision, it’s the team goal, it’s the metric of success. But in business we don’t have championships. What matters when you’re trying to scale a company?
– Success is growth ― increasing productivity is difficult, worthwhile, and meaningful.
– Success is impact ― changing your industry, building an ethical track record, and doing right by your clients.
– Success is people ― creating career opportunities, establishing a team, and defining a culture.
At Turner Mining Group, we want our teams to know what success looks like, and we make sure to celebrate when we achieve it. How do you measure and celebrate success?